Patients are our priority.
At Sacramento Rehabilitation Hospital, we are passionate about patient care. We consider it a privilege to be able to provide services to our patients and their family members. We are committed to providing the highest level of care available, and never take our responsibility to our patients for granted.
We strive to create healing and nurturing environments for our patients that not only meet their medical needs, but address their emotional and social needs as well. We believe that this comprehensive approach can help our patients recover more fully – allowing them to return home with the highest level of independence possible, and helping to minimize any return hospital visits.
Your Hospital Stay
When you are admitted to Sacramento Rehabilitation Hospital, a team of healthcare professionals will work with you and your family members to ensure that you reach the highest level of recovery possible.
During your stay, if there is anything we can do to make your visit more successful to your healing process – or if you have a question or concern – we encourage you to talk to any member of your medical team or the management staff.
In addition, after you leave, you may receive a survey in the mail with questions about your hospital experience. If you receive one of these surveys, we ask that you please complete it so we may continue to improve our patients’ experiences. All your responses are compiled by a company independent of the hospital, ensuring that your responses will remain confidential.
- Meet with admissions representative and receive patient care binder to be utilized in collaboration with your care team throughout your stay.
- Show you to your room.
- Introduce you to our hospital staff.
- Assess your medical and rehabilitation needs.
- A rehabilitation physician will visit with you a minimum of three times per week.
- Other specialized physicians will be available to address additional medical conditions as needed.
- Nursing care is provided 24/7.
- Your personalized therapy plan may include physical, occupational and/or speech therapy/prosthetics/orthotics.
- Therapy participation requires a minimum of 3 hours per day, 5 days a week, or a total of 15 hours each week.
- Your therapy schedule will be provided to you on a daily basis.
What to Bring
- Driver’s license or government issued ID.
- Medical insurance card.
- Pharmacy insurance card.
- Living Will/Advanced Directive.
- Power of Attorney Documents (if applicable.)
- Toiletries (i.e. toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, deodorant.)
- Prescription items (i.e. dentures, glasses, hearing aides, etc.)
- C-PAP machine or your assistive devices (walker, power wheelchair, etc.)
- Full and current list of your medications.
From the time you enter our hospital, your care team will work with you and your family to ensure a smooth transition from hospital to home. Through continuous education and training, we instill our patients and families with the confidence and knowledge needed to support a safe discharge. Your discharge planning will consist of:
- A family conference if needed with your case manager to provide education and discuss needs, goals, and concerns.
- A weekly care team meeting to review your progress.
- A weekly follow up meeting with your case manager.
- A review and coordination of potential equipment or continued supportive healthcare service needs.
- A meeting with Pharmacist and Case Manager on the day prior to discharge.
- Discharge to home typically occurs in the a.m. hours, but will be determined by your medical team.
- You will receive written prescriptions for your medications and discharge instructions, including follow up appointments.
- A summary report of your care will be sent to your physician and other healthcare professionals as needed.
Other Hospital Information
Below is additional hospital information to help make your stay as comfortable as possible for you and your visiting family members:
Getting to Sacramento Rehabilitation Hospital
Sacramento Rehabilitation Hospital is located in Natomas and accessible from the I-5 North freeway traveling towards Sacramento International Airport. We are located off Del Paso Rd and East Commerce Way, next to the Hilton Garden Inn Natomas Hotel. Click here to view map.
Patient parking lots are clearly marked and available at the front of the hospital.
Every patient room has its own phone with a dedicated phone number. You may share this phone number with family and friends so you can receive incoming calls during your hospital stay. If you wish to call outside the hospital from the phone, you can make local calls by dialing “8” first.
Cell phones are permitted in the hospital, however, please be considerate of patients and others around you when making calls.
The hospital provides free wireless Internet access to patients and their visitors. You and your family members may access the Wi-Fi through your personal tablets, computers, and other devices. Just look for the name “Guest” under your list of wireless network connections. There is no password needed.
The television in your room is equipped with cable access. A list of cable channels is available in your room.
You will be asked to bring your own comfortable clothing and shoes to wear during your stay. Hospital gowns will be provided if your medical condition requires it. We suggest you bring at least three changes of clothes.
- Non-slick shoes with good support and rubber soles.
- Shirts with button fronts or pullovers that fit easily over your head.
- Seasonal outerwear.
- Night clothes (i.e. pajamas or gown, robe, and slippers.)
We do not have laundry services on site. Please make arrangements for family members to bring you additional clothing as needed, or ask our staff to assist you with other options.
Meals will be served in the cafeteria. Family members and guests are invited to join you during meal times and may purchase a meal card from the reception desk to redeem in the cafeteria. Meal cards may be purchased with cash or check for $5 or $20.
Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Lunch: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Dinner: 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Please note that visiting hours are 8:00a.m. — 8:00p.m. Please contact us to confirm our current visitor practices.
Belongings and Valuables
You are responsible for your personal belongings, including cell phone and other electronic devices. It’s best not to keep any valuables in your room. Also, you are responsible for any removable dental devices or hearing aides. Please keep them in a safe place and avoid leaving them on your meal tray, in bed linens, or under pillows.
Click below to pay your bill online.